First off, lets get to the games that I beat this year. I always try to spread the love among my consoles but noticeably absent from my list are the Wii, N64, and PS1. I kept planning on playing some titles from those consoles but I never got around to it. For those that say 100% complete, it means that not only did I beat it, but I beat it on the hardest difficulty, got all the collectibles/achievements/trophies, completed the extra missions, or whatever else there was. You get the idea.
Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles
Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour
Star Wars: Republic Commando
God of War II
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Wild Arms 3 (100% Complete)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (100% Complete)
God of War Collection: God of War
inFamous (100% Complete)
Prince of Persia (100% Complete)
Prince of Persia: Epilogue (100% Complete)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (100% Complete)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Pixel Junk Monsters
The Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Halo: Combat Evolved
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Assassin's Creed II
Call of Duty: World at War
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (100% Complete)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Jedi Temple Mission Pack (100% Complete)
Surf's Up (100% Complete)
This gives me a total of 30 titles beat this year, up from 25 last year. Still not good enough though. I need to step that up.
I'm particularly proud of two of those 100% Completes:
First, Batman: Arkham Asylum, because getting 3 medals on the Shock & Awe (Extreme) challenge map was a pain in the rear. Beating the map at all was a huge challenge, let alone getting the 3 required medals. But I finally did it, and I was pretty happy with that, as it netted me a Platinum Trophy.
Second, Wild Arms 3. I spent a lot of time on this title getting every single thing one can get, all the EX File Keys, beating all the optional bosses, and doing all the sidequests. As a result I probably sunk well over 100 hours into this game during the first part of this year.
My XBL Gamerscore is sitting at a healthy 23523, a gain of 4023 for the year.
My PSN level is now at level 8, up from level 5 from last year. Part of that gain comes from 4 Platinum trophies this year (Prince of Persia, inFamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune). Trophy totals are sitting at 388 trophies; 4 Platinum, 15 gold, 76 silver, 293 bronze.
Other items of note:
- My collection is sitting at 1259 games, I added two more game consoles to my collection this year, a GBA (though I already had a GBA player for the Gamecube and a DS) and a SNES. You can view a full breakdown of my collection here.
- I have beaten 15.2% of the games in my collection.
- Again like last year, even though I own fewer games for each Nintendo platform relative to the other same-generation platforms, if you look at the games I own broken down by publisher, Nintendo owns the number 1 spot, with a total of 80 games. SCEA is following close behind with a healthy 79 games. However, if we combined SOE with the SCEA games, then Sony would be sitting at 86.
- The oldest game in my collection no longer belongs to Super Mario Bros. 3, I recently acquired a complete boxed copy of The Legend of Zelda on the NES which was released in 1987.
- The newest game in my collection is also a Legend of Zelda game; The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, which means my entire collection is bookended with Zelda games.
- A thrid point of interest to the whole Zelda thing. Not only is my collection bookended with Zelda, I own 11 Zelda games (not counting duplicates) in total, and I've never finished a single one. I plan to remedy that in 2010.
This is DuncanR2N, saying goodbye to 2009. I'll see you all next year!